Protein Wonder Waffles
These waffles really hit that sweet tooth, satisfying the cravings, while only being 110 calories per waffle! I’d recommend these to anyone who is on a diet and is craving something sweet, these are perfect, they wont put you off track in your dieting as they are so low in calories. I would also recommend these to anyone trying to up there daily protein intake as these have a whopping 9g of protein per waffle!
P.S waffle maker will be needed for this recipe.
- 2 cups oat flour (blended oats)
- 3 x 30g scoops whey protein (use whatever flavour you want your waffels to be)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- 15g low fat Nutella
- 150g pineapple
You can use whatever toppings you like I’m just giving you mine as an example.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In 1 bowl mix together oat flour, whey protein, flax, baking powder & cinnamon. Mix until blended. Add in liquid ingredients (milk, vanilla, egg white) and mix until blended.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes allowing it to thicken up a bit.
- Cook on waffle maker until golden brown (around 5 minutes).
- Serve topped with whatever you like: berries, pineapple, low sugar syrup, strawberries or whatever you like!
If you have leftovers you can easily store in freezer bags and keep in the freezer. When you want to re-heat them, just toss it in the toaster.
Serving size: 1 waffle
Fat: 3 g
Carbs: 12 g
Protein: 9 g