Summer foods that need to be in your diet
Summer is finally here, and its time to finally get some well needed vitamin D. There are many reasons why summer is amazing, the most obvious is the weather, but also there are great foods to be eaten, pool party’s, and it always seems easier getting out of bed when the sun is beaming through the curtains.
Here’s a list of 8 delicious and healthy summer foods that will make you feel and look fantastic.
- Watermelon is roughly 90 percent water, making it even easier to stay hydrated in the summer sun
- It’s also super low in calories, so you can eat until your full, and not worry.
- It’s even fights cancer, it contains lycopene, the same as tomato’s.
- They contain an antioxidant called anthocyanin which activates a molecule that helps rev up fat burning and decreases fat storage, making sure you keep that summer six pack.
- Tart cherries help aid with better night’s sleep and quell post-workout pain.
- Corn can help lower the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness of people of the age of 60.
- Corn contains two anti-oxidants, lutein and zeaxanthin, that help form a macular pigment that filters out some of the sun’s damaging UV rays essentially meaning corn is the food version of sunglasses! (amazing right?)
- It is also high in fibre and low in calories, which is great to keep that beach body in check.
- Tomatoes can greatly aid in protecting your skin from the harsh UV rays of the sun, due to the lycopene that is found in the carotenoid that makes the tomato red.
- One cup of raspberries has 8 grams of fibre, making sure you feel full but keeping that summer body.
- Ice tea is full of antioxidants that can help reduce the chances of getting Alzheimer’s and diabetes, and help have healthier teeth, gums, and stronger bones.
- Blueberries are full of antioxidants that can help ward off muscle fatigue. Even better if they’re fresh!
- Drinking a single cup of coffee in the morning can lower your risk of developing skin cancer by about 10%, just don’t over do it and become a caffeine junkie!
There you have it. That was some on my personal favourite summer foods, comment yours down below. (p.s they have to be healthy, don’t want anyone trying to put me off my diet!)
Thank you for reading.