I can promise you, you wont regret giving these ago! They are jam-packed full of flavour, there quick and easy to make, and you can have them hot or cold.
They could be used for a fast, on the go breakfast, or maybe just a snack to keep you going until your next meal, actually these are so good you can eat them any time of the day.
It’s an extra benefit as well that theses are packed full of protein.
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 cup low-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- (Optional add-ins)- Bacon or salmon
What makes these muffins even better is how simple, quick and easy they are to make!
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and mix it all together!
- Apply non-stick cooking spray to a muffin tin.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin case.
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
There we have it! As simple as that, now you have some tasty egg muffins.
If any of you use this recipe, be sure to let me know how you found them!
Thank you for reading.